At its June 16, 2018 meeting, the Woolman Hill board approved a vision, guiding principles and strategic goals for the coming three years.
STRATEGIC PLAN OVERVIEW (2018-2021)
Our vision is to provide a welcoming sanctuary where people come to be restored and inspired, and leave with the strength to act out of love, sowing seeds of peace that lead to a world transformed.
Sustainability and Right Relationship
- Commit to sustainability principles in assessing ongoing operations and new endeavors to ensure that they are in right relationship with our spiritual, financial, environmental and human resources.
- Commit to long-range planning to sustain our facilities and programming.
Accessibility and Welcome
- Commit to ensuring Woolman Hill is more easily accessible to those with limited mobility.
- Commit to increase Woolman Hill’s financial accessibility and welcome to a wide range of people.
STRATEGIC GOALS AND ACTION STEPS
Strategic Goal #1: Launch Capital Campaign to Improve Facilities and Financial Accessibility
- Train the Board in developing a “community of sharing” and their role in helping the campaign be successful.
- Develop options for improvements, write a case for support, and test donor interest in supporting the campaign by speaking with our top supporters and Board members. Based on our learning, set realistic fundraising and construction goals.
- Apply good practices in running a successful capital campaign, using five phases of fundraising: planning, leadership, quiet, public, and celebration phases
Strategic Goal #2: Strengthen our Board and Build a Community of Sharing
- Apply best practices for recruiting and supporting new and current Board members.
- Seek training and support to help us effectively fundraise for the Capital Campaign and understand our ongoing role as fiscal stewards.
- Ensure that prudent and required Board-approved non-profit policies are up-to-date and in practice.
Strategic Goal #3: Create Projected Business Model and Define Staff Support
- Discuss our assumptions and objectives around who we serve and why.
- Create a projected business plan based on our assumptions.
- Assess our staff and volunteer needs to support and sustain our strategic plan and ongoing operations.