Do you crave peace and quiet? A break? More Sabbath time?
Do you need space to focus? Time to work on a project?
Do you want to fall asleep to the peepers and wake to birdsong?
ARE YOU READY FOR A CHANGE?
Whether it’s for an overnight or for several months, Woolman Hill can offer you the stillness and natural beauty that allows you to sink deep into whatever is calling to you: rest, contemplation, uninterrupted time…
For those who need a brief hiatus from life’s demands, or a few days to move forward with a project, we have four buildings available for individual retreats from one night to two weeks.
The Red House, a charming cottage just across the lane from the main building, has an open kitchen and sitting area, a full bathroom, and two bedrooms.
Each of our three rustic cabins (Sunrise, Woodshop or Saltbox) has its own unique personality. Tucked into the edges of the woods, the cabins each provide electricity, a woodstove, an outhouse, and simple kitchen supplies.
For those who need a considerable block of time to delve deep, to make significant progress on a work of art or a spiritual challenge, or to consider what next step to take in a time of transition, we sometimes have space available for one to three months. Sabbatical guests are provided with a kitchen and living room area, full bathroom, large bedroom, and space for an office, meditation or art studio. Laundry facilities are available for extended-stay guests.
WHAT YOU’LL FIND HERE
- Private accommodations
- Simple furnishings
- 110 acres of woods and meadows, with access to miles of trails on neighboring land
- Midweek Quaker worship
- Access to Woolman Hill’s book collection
- Internet access
- Woolman Hill programs on topics of spiritual growth
- Friendly, helpful staff members
- Beautiful, peaceful natural environment
- Variety of local faith communities and opportunities for spiritual direction
- A rural, secluded atmosphere just minutes away from stores and restaurants
- Extensive cultural, recreational, and social opportunities in the region
This is such a spirit-filled space!
I retreated away from negativity in my life!